Authors!

Do you want to join the Tag Team in Space? We are looking for new contributors and new characters to keep the story going.
Requirements: 300 - 500+ words in first person that tie into and expand the story line with any character of your choosing every 3 - 4 weeks.
Compensation: Features on this blog, facebook and other places.
Interested? Send Naomi an email at naomisweets at gmail.com.

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Episode 12 - Derrick

I can't believe I'm being dragged up by this Martian freak with his weird extendable arms. This was exactly the last thing I imagined would be happening at this point in the day when I woke up this morning.

Fogwat finally hauled us up into the conduit and I asked doc to pull out his torch so we could gain our bearings. 

Suddenly I heard some voices; "Hey shut that damn thing off now! Turn it off!" I whispered intently, slapping Jerry's hand down to try and get the light out.

"Wait, what? What the hell..." he began, but I quickly threw my hand over his mouth.

"Shhhh. Shut the hell up Jerry. Just be quiet, please!" I looked over to the Big Head, "Hey, dim that dome of yours right now, and keep your trap shut!"

Fogwat looked confused, but Jerry gave him a nod to obey, and the glow from his huge head went out.

"You two stay right here, and don't make a sound" I commanded as I began crawling along the conduit toward the noises I heard. 

The upper conduit to the tube was dark and even more wet and smelly than the actual tube. I forced myself to hold in my disgust as I tried to decipher the voices I was approaching. I could make out at least three voices, but was not certain if there were any more than that.

I approached the bend in the conduit and leaned my head out slightly to try and listen in better.

"You find them... You find them now and get that damn micrometer chip before I lose my patience with you!" a voice demanded. The other two voices made sounds of compliance and began moving in different directions.

I was unfamiliar with the main voice, but I had to assume it was the trader the head Big Head had told us about. I knew having the trader and his minions after us was sure trouble, so I tried to slowly back up down the conduit, back to Jerry and our Martian companion.

"Ow! Ow! Fogwat here, you step on Fogwat foot Derrick, say sorry."

I turned around to see the freakin' Martian standing right behind me. "You jack ass, I told you to stay put and shut the hell..." was all I could muster before I was tackled from behind. 

My head slammed against the wall of the conduit and then into Fogwat who then fell over backward crying.

I cleared my head, and spun around the face my attacker who had me firmly pinned down to the ground. My arms were trapped at my side under his enormous weight. I could smell his vile breathe and could see a dim orange glare in his eyes. Whatever this thing was, it was big, and strong, and pretty ferocious. 

I could feel its weight shift and I quickly swung my head to the side just in time to escape his lunging attack with his mouth. I screamed as I felt several sharp teeth sink into my shoulder. The creature clamped down on my shoulder with such an amazing bite force that I thought I would black out from the pain. I tried to wriggle my way lose from its jaws but it was locked in tight and the more I writhed the more the pain set in. 

I bucked upward and was able to bring my left leg up against what I hoped was the groin of the thing. It made a strange moan and released its bite on my shoulder. I tried to move but was still firmly pinned and now had an open wound which was bleeding pretty good. What the hell was I going to do?

My attacker leaned in close to my face and muttered; "Fuck you human!" in garbled English, and I could tell it was coming in for another bite. 

With all my strength I bucked my hips again and brought my knee up again. This gave me a brief window of opportunity as the creature rolled to the side a bit. My left hand gained some movement and I reacted as quickly as I could. With a quick flick I popped the release on my belt and slid the handle into my hand. 

As I slid the safety off and powered it on, the white glow from my plasma blade was a welcome sight for me. The nauseating stench of his flesh stung my nostrils, but I was relieved to be released from his grasp.

I wiggled my way from under my deceased attacker and scurried along the conduit as fast as I could move with my wounds. I barely noticed running into Fogwat and shoved him forward ahead of me. I could hear the mumbled voices of the trader and his other minion behind me and I knew we had but moments to escape. 

As I approached the Martian and the doctor something caught hold of my ankle and stopped me dead in my tracks. The only thing I could do was yell; "Run Jerry! Get the fuck out of here now! Run!"

Check back for Jerry's tale - Coming Soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment